Monday, July 28, 2014

On My Easel - Tango Portrait - original oil pastel portraits in progress

I started work on this one today and will let it dry for a few days, then come back and see where this little couple takes me.  When I look at it, I see all the things I should fix and some things that I can't fix without completely redoing it.  Arghhh - I tear my hair!  Well, not actually, but I feel like it.  This is done on 9 x 12" Pastelbord.  One of the nice things about Ampersand Pastelbord is that oil pastel gets pretty dry on it, so when I really load the support with oil pastel, it works to dry the pastel a little, so that I can work on it again.  I really appreciate your stopping by my blog - thanks so much!

2 comments:

n warner said...

Brilliant colors...! The artist is the one who knows what the final one is...I like it as is!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you Nina - so sweet - maybe I should take another look.