Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Nude with Arms Raised - original oil painting of a nude

This nude is done from a life drawing that I posted a while back and just now got around to painting.  I know one is supposed to paint no matter the lack of inspiration, but I just can't!!!  Must wait 'til the stars are in the right position, etc., so I can get going on some of these projects that have been languishing.  The pose couldn't have been easy for the model - keeping one's arms raised can get pretty tough after a bit.  As I recall, we didn't take the full time.  I love being in a group where the other artists respect the model - have been in some groups that didn't, so I didn't go back there.  This is on 14 x 11" paintboard.  Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Beautifully done Connie... Perfect skin tones....

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you, Hilda - you are the queen of skin tones, so I really appreciate your comment!