Friday, March 13, 2015

Seated Model with Wineglass - original oil pastel figurative painting

Done on Judson's Guerilla Painter carton paper, this painting is 7 x 5" - I used mostly Senneliers with a few Caran d'Ache and Holbein.  It's so satisfying to work on this paper - it has many of the attributes of the carton paper of the Impressionists' day, but is touted as being more archival.  I love its warm color, as well.  Thanks so much for stopping by my blog - check out my latest posting on my oil pastel blog by clicking here.

6 comments:

hmuxo said...

Beautiful colors and I like the texture ....

myra anderson said...

she's so lovely!!!

Jeff Oxley said...

The ochre shines thru in every color doesn't it? I never get tired of that look.. You use the effect so well.

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you, Jeff - I admit I'm kind of hung up on ochre, really love it!

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Myra and thank you!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you, Hilda - nice to see you!